Beautiful Rosewood, Art Case Hand Painted "World Renowned Historic" Pleyel Piano. 5'3" made in 1921 rebuilt and refinished along the way. Recently refinished with hand painted gold trim added. Our technicians regulated the action and replaced the bass strings. Pleyel was one of the original piano makers in Europe. Playel was a French piano manufacturing firm founded by the composer Ignace Pleyel in 1807. In 1815, Pleyel's son Camille joined him as a business partner. The firm provided pianos to Frédéric Chopin, and also ran a concert hall, the Salle Pleyel, where Chopin performed his first – and last – Paris concerts. Pleyel's major contribution to piano development was the first use of a metal frame in a piano. Pleyel pianos were the choice of composers such as Debussy, Saint-Saëns, Ravel, de Falla and Stravinsky and of pianists and teachers Alfred Cortot, Philip Manuel and Gavin Williamson. In the 1980s, the Pleyel company bought out the Erard and Gaveau piano companies which also manufactured pianos in France. The Pleyel pianos of today incorporated improvements of these companies and others. In the last two decades, Pleyel Piano was bought by the same family which had bought the Salle Pleyel concert hall in order to revive the name and quality of Pleyel pianos. They built a new factory in the south of France and started making a line of newly designed and improved pianos. Then, in 2008, they decided to downsize the factory and lines of pianos. They moved the factory back to Paris and opened a new factory where they began introducing new pianos designed by famous designers. The red spruce used by Pleyel comes from the Fiemme Valley in Trentino, Italy. After full assembly of a piano, the instrument receives a further 30-40 hours of fine-tuning.
Click any piano below to view the video tour
#936: Steinway B 1995 Crown Jewel "Santos Rosewood" Art Case, Mint condition $39,500.
#825: THE MILLION DOLLAR STEINWAY-Luxury Art Case Hamburg Steinway Model "A" Hand Painted "Vernis Martin" Style Romantic Portrait & Pastoral Scenes, Totally Rebuilt & Restored. Owned by a Prussian Prince